Friday, May 18, 2007

More cards ...

Alrighty ... two more for the A*Muse*A*Palooza challenge #3.

#1




All images by A Muse.
This card was fast! Start to finish, I was done by the time Marc's yummy egg salad sandwiches were ready. Wheee! I wish it was more obvious that the dino's hat and spikes had clear glaze pen on them -- it looks really cool. The patterned paper is Basic Grey Stella Ruby (12x12 Ladies Book Club). I used the SU! 1 3/8" square punch on the whisper white, cut out a 1 1/2" celery square and then used my giga scalloped square to punch out some old olive.

#2

Sentiment by A Muse and strawberry image by Lockhart stamps.
Every so often I like to practise some REAL water coloring (vs. what I do usually which is SU markers, re-inkers, a blender pen and whisper white paper). Here I stamped the strawberries with Palette Noir ink on SU W/C paper and colored it in with the smaller SU aqua painter and re-inkers. I love how this turned out. (Not to toot my own horn but since this is my blog ... I might as well ... a little ... in every post ... but still, I'm really really proud of how far my w/c has progressed. I don't think I even owned any "open" images 8 months ago. Now that's all I use. I love it.) Anyway, I did several coats of clear glaze pen on the strawberries and they are pretty shiny looking. I also used a white glaze pen on the dots of the bowl and a stardust pen on the word "strawberries". Everything else is really straightforward. The sentiment is stamped in SU white craft and embossed with detail white EP. I don't know why the eyelets look two drastically different sizes. They came out of the same package.

What do you think of the pics vs. the scans? I need some feedback. Is it really worth the effort? At this point all I need is another light down here because I do most of my stamping/uploading at night.

No comments: