Thursday, May 17, 2007

Latest card ...

I know that the A Muse style isn't really big into fancy techniques but had a vision of sorts. I kept thinking of that thick crackled Mexican glass (I am truly not sure what it's actually called so no offence intended) ... this is the result.





All images by A Muse.
I'm bummed the black stazon bled once I started the versamark/ultra thick embossing enamel trickery. I colored the glass in with cool caribbean/tempting turquoise, the margarita and lime are a combo of green galore and gable green. The cheers block stamp was inked with Lime Pastel Chalk ink. I sponged the edges of the giga scalloped square with cool caribbean ink. I did add a little iridescent ice EP over a couple of layers of the UTEE for a little sparkle. The ribbon is from the wooden spools at Michael's.

Speaking of ribbon, a nice gal emailed me today (hi Tracy!) to ask how I tied my ribbon. All I did with this card and with several recent cards (the pink/brown truffle card and the duck/bird happy thoughts card) was a really EASY trick. First I tied a bow (just took the end of a roll and tied a nice tight ribbon of my desired size ... similar to the bow on this card here). Next, I adhered a separate strip of ribbon down flat onto the card. You can glue down the ends with glue dots (which works okay), mono or SNAIL stinks (esp with the heavier ribbons) and lately, I've been relatively happy using sticky strip (also called red tape). I've also been really happy using the Wackytac ribbon adhesive (disclaimer: I just linked to that so y'all could see the product, I bought mine at a scrapbook store in town) -- works great with rickrack. The final step is to put a glue dot on the back of the bow and place it where ever you want on the ribbon. Really easy and it looks great every time. I get so frustrated tying the perfect bow/knot that I like this way much better. Hope this is relatively clear, if not Nicole Heady did a nice tutorial (with visuals) here.

2 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Very impressive card! I love the color combo, too.

Anonymous said...

Fresh and fun!