Saturday, April 21, 2007

Does this scream ...

55 year old man to you?
No? I didn't think so either! Oh well, I'm pretty sure my uncle enjoyed it anyway. I really don't have a lot of masculine stamps so this is my best effort at a "dude-card". I think it's really cute and that's what counts, heck, he's lucky he didn't get a bella. This card is cool Caribbean, celery and whisper white and the SU DS paper from the 2006 summer mini (can't remember the name/too lazy to go over there and figure it out ... saaahhhh-reeee!). (Side note: I have two sets of very punny, one mounted with sentiments and one without -- please, no comments, the gluttony of this make me feel ever so slightly guilty -- I have NEVER used the set mounted with the sentiments! Anyone else feel me on this?) Back on track now. I also used one of the Love ya bunches sentiments and the petals wheel from the latest SU mini (in white craft ink on celery). I colored this birdie with my inescapable blender pen and cool carib reinker, pumpkin pie for the flower, sahara sand for his hat and shadow and celery for his hat band but that was obscured by a swipe of the stardust gel pen. This is a really fun quick layout and I got it from a tutorial on THIS SITE HERE a few months ago (you'll have to hunt through her archives I didn't bookmark it - more apologies).
Next is an anniversary card for some good friends and it turned out really well I think. I cased the layout from MYSELF!!! I love it when that happens. The cardstock here is so saffron, old olive, whisper white, basic black, American Crafts A La Carte collection - vinaigrette (the red layer behind the "anniversary" layer is the reverse of the floral patterned paper -- it worked well, no?). The stamps are from In Full Bloom by SU! and a Mike's Buck-aroo sentiment. I stamped/colored with black stazon, rose red, pumpkin pie/so saff (for flower centers and saff for sponging) and almost arti (for stems). Hmmm... what else ... it feels like I blew a half a sheet of dimensionals on this card but it HAD to be done. I used the cuttlebug swirls embossing folder on the patterned paper then I SANDED it afterward -- it looks AWESOME!!! I'd say this might be my "new favorite technique" but I can think of at least one person who would give me a hard time about that. (Har!) I cut out the center flower and popped it up and edged all flowers in stardust stickles, the centers of the flowers have diamond stickles (still clear but more of a yellow glitter) and the stems have crystal stickles (more of a green glitter) -- this detail may likely matter to NOBODY but me but it really does look bad @$$ in real life. I traced the sentiment with the sakura stardust gel pen too, cause the flowers weren't enough bling-a-ding-ding!! Oh, and the ribbon is SU! apricot grosgrain -- works so well with the saff doesn't it, Sis?!

No comments: