Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wheeee!

Two more (uber-simple) cards this evening. I am quite pleased with them. It's interesting to look back at how quickly my stamping has progressed over the last 6 months. It really started to take off when my rock star Old Man built me a desk and some shelves for my birthday last October and I had a dedicated space in which to be creative. Nothing kills mojo like "pack, pack and unpack". Anyway, both of these cards contain two things I feel like I shied away from when I first started stamping ... 1) open images/water coloring and B) patterned paper. I am really happy with how things are going for me creatively and I feel like I'm really starting to develop my own style (repetitive as it may be). Hopefully this doesn't sound terribly egotistical. Anyway, just wanted to recap since I've officially inked up every last Bella I own and now I can give my other stamps some love and affection.

Blah blah blather-dee blah ... here are my cards.
Card # 1



Deets: Bashful blue CS, the pattn'd paper is Bohemia "Blue Bird 'Baby' Paisley" by My Mind's Eye (I have a few sheets of thier stuff and it is so rockin' -- wah woo wee). I did the scallops with some old fiskars scissors I dug out of a bin today 'cause I was in the mood to do a layer like this. I like how it turned out for the most part but I will be throwing the scissors out the window of a fast moving vehicle first chance I get. They were junk -- could've been their age but bleh! They are dead to me. Any suggestions on GOOD scissors would be appreciated. I outlined her dress in bashful and blended it a bit to soften the edge and then just did my old standby VM+IIEP. Each layer is on dimensionals (except the white layer). Everything else should be fairly obvious.

Card B)

Deets: CS is So Saff and Cocoa. Patterned paper is Diner Jukebox (Urban Window Collection) by WeR Memory Keepers. This card was super and quite obviously simple but I'm still really pleased with the final outcome. I'm not sure about my w/c'ing the background with so saff but it's okay. I outlined the "chalkboard" with my silver sakura gel pen and it's a nice effect. A girl's gotta have some bling somewhere, no?! I think I'll call this one "getting a head start on end of the year teacher thank you cards." That feels good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are some really great stuff...thanks for sharing them...and well i've also posted a few unique stuff over at my blog on Birthday Cards so drop by sometime and check out all that's there!!!