Monday, March 12, 2007

Thank you Tisha.

One of my best buds was traveling out west to (the stamping/crafting Mecca) Seattle and just happened to spend a little quality time (and a lot of my money -- hee hee) in Heaven (aka THE Amuse Store). Where's my winning power ball ticket so I can buy the whole store??? I am so excited about the new additions to my little stamping family (or collection) I even cleaned my stamp space in preparation. Hah! I took some pictures this evening and I'll try to post them sometime soon.




Deets: Here's the Seattle Girl image and the small oval plus one of the worlds most versatile sentiments. I can't wait to introduce all my little Bella ladies to these glorious ovals. It'll be love at first stamp! (Groan!) The colors are bashful blue and whisper white. The oval is actually brocade blue stamped one-off. I colored her raincoat, hat, boots and umbrella with so saffron and barely banana. I puzzled over whether I should do crystal effects to make everything look wet but I am an instant gratification kind of gal and CE takes too long to dry! It finally dawned on me to just use my handy dandy versamarker and CLEAR EP!! It worked like a charm except the VM smears the StazOn and made the boots (etc) look a little muddy. Anyway, it's a very nice effect, regardless. I used the Giga Circle punch (love you!) and sponged the edges with saffron and then did the white eyelets. The ribbon is SU!'s cream grosgrain. Smooches to this card.


Deets: This is a SUPER (har!) quick card I made for the Old Man. He got a promotion at work, and a raise!!! Good thing too since I just bought all these stamps (urk!). He's the bomb. I wanted to make this card masculine and I think it works despite the scallops and ribbon. I think if Marc were a superhero though, you wouldn't catch him dead or alive in a Caribbean cool unitard. The other color is Old Olive. The stitched ribbon is a fab-oo match. It was found .... at Impress, maybe ... in Seattle. I used SU!'s Itty bitty BG's for the speckle, though it dawned on me I could've used the Sh-pritzer tool after I was done. I used the giga scalloped square punch. All in all, pretty straightforward. But that's one reason why Amuse stamps are so nice, they lend them selves well to quick, simple cards.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Great cards...we are like kindred spirits in our stamp choices!