Sunday, March 04, 2007

I'm back! Phew!

We had a lot of fun. Lots. It was worth every effort and we couldn't be more grateful to everyone who helped out. (*shmoooches*) That said, boy were we happy to get back home to our little peeps. (*Sigh of contentment*)

Now, I'm sure you've all been waiting with baited breath this entire weekend for my hush hush projects. I wanted to post a couple of the thank you's I've made but obviously couldn't until they were given away (sorry, but it's half my readership I'm thanking here, ha ha). I'm pretty proud of them. The first one is a CASE of this totally BA, rockin' card by Debbie Olsen (DebbieDesigns). I tried to add a little of my own vibe to it but it's still a total rip off (I LUUUURRRRVVVVE it, though). Props to Debbie, in any event.



Here we go with the deets... I cut out one of the little flowers and both of the big flowers. The big 'uns are on dimensionals and have Stardust Stickles in the centers. Naturally, I traced most of it with SSGP. It looks co-ool IRL. I did a bunch of piercing round the image and then dotted with my white gel pen (SU!) on a Turquoise layer. The overall card is like an A6 size or something ... go here if you need actual measurements/definitions of A6 ... what can I say, my love of paper collecting ... oops, I mean paper CRAFTING, yes that's what I meant, anyway it was born at Paper Source (PS). Bless them. Speaking of, I ended up putting this card in an envelope I got at PS, it's a super shimmery vellum A6, I have no idea if they still have them but the sparkle factor really worked out.

The second card is pretty self explanatory ... au chocolate DS SU! paper (the bomb) and Regal rose CS and grosgrain. I also used WC paper on this, first time user ... forever fan. It's a regular A2 card with the spine going horizontally across the top but the front flap is about an inch shorter than the back and the sentiment is stamped on the back flap (hope that makes sense). I've done this kind of card before but this time it was a mistake of scoring/cutting. It worked out though ...


Hope you all enjoy.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Love your cards but esp. the bella...that chocolate DP rocks!