Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fighting Cards.

Some nights these cards just won't cooperate. This one in particular was giving me a lot of trouble.
All images by A Muse, except the polka dots on the cool Caribbean layer ... those are the nearly fool proof polka dot stamp from SU's polka dots and paisley set. I stamped the scalloped circle (thanks Tami!) in cool Caribbean on whisper white. Next I stamped the mug in brown stazon on top of the circle using my stamp-ma-jig. Then I stamped the mug again on white and cut it out. I used the quickie glue pen and dazz. diamonds glitter on the steam and white glaze on the mug. I put the mug on some folded in half glue dots for a little dimension. I just don't know. Is it wrong, weird and overly busy or is it strangely interesting? Hmmm.
I did get layouts done for two of my ATC swaps ... with only a minor amount of struggle. That's good. Now I just have three more swap layouts and ALL the mass production ... time to get bizzy!
Oh, and Liz ... you asked how I did that scalloped layer on my daughter's invites. I didn't forget. I used the Stampin' Up! corner rounder punch with the corner guard removed. Here's a couple of good pictures/mini-tutorial from Michelle Laycock's blog. I'm not sure if she mentions it but be really careful when removing your corner guard ... I've heard they break easily. Also, it is sometimes helpful to start punching in the center of your paper, it usually gives you even scallops all the way to the ends (vs. having one half scallop at one end and a full scallop on the other). I hope this helps and makes sense.
OK, now time for bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey woman...you don't mess around. I like the card.

Liz said...

Thanks for the link to the tutorial on the scalloped edges! Can't wait to try that!