Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Stickles, Cool Caribbean, and Chocolate

A quick post and easy-peasy cards for tonight. Another mother's day card idea I had ... actually, I did something similar for one of the cards I submitted to the A Muse Mom's day contest. I'll post them here sooner or later.


This one I did last night but had to let the stardust stickles dry (if I didn't like these so much I'd be annoyed at how long they take to dry). The striped paper is Amer. Crafts (a-gain!). The gal is from Stamping Bella and the oval and sentiment are from A Muse (a-gain!!). I bought this totally awesome ribbon at the scrap store in Decatur, IL -- Two Scrappy Cats. It's so silky and has the sparkly silver edges. Kisses! The main card is So Saff paper from SU.


Semi-digression ... what the *BLEEP* am I going to do when they retire Cool Caribbean (Caribbean Cool?!) ???? Suggestions, anyone? Is there a twelve step anywhere? So far none of the other new In Colors look like an adequate enough replacement. Retire all the stamp sets you want Shelli. I really am only a hobbyist *cough, cough* collector and so I don't care. But holy peanut butter popsicle sticks SAVE MY FAVORITE COLOR!! (Some times you have to use strong words. My apologies.)



This is a much cuter card in real life (if that's even possible because I mean really, look at that ... a CHOCOLATE stamp. GUH. Kuh-UTE!) Anyway. Prepare to hurt because it gets even better ... I embossed it with CHOCOLATE Scented Embossing Powder!!! Try to get over that! (I actually blame this card on the recent derailment of my diet, uh life change! Back on board soon, I hope,) The images are A Muse. The polka paper is SU! and so are the punches. I put A Muse twinkle stickers on the top of the truffle and to the left of the sentiment. Actually this scan does not do this card justice as it's not so washed out looking in real life ... something about my scanner hating that vanilla paper. Anyway ... I hear a screeching tantrum going on upstairs, I had better go find some chocolate I can eat.

Word up.