Sunday, May 06, 2007

Soggy Sunday!

More rain and more water in the basement! Boo!!! But that didn't stop me (though my ears are ringing from being down here with the wet/dry vac going non stop).

First, a little A Muse-ing business. ONE: I still have two spots open in my A Muse swap. I would love to have YOU, yes YOU! join AND I'm happy to do more than one if enough folks show an interest. Click on any of these links or scroll down for more info. THANK YOU. (Liz and Allison, please see the swap post below. Thanks.) TWO: Don't forget to register for A*Muse*A*Palooza. Win fabulous prizes! Support your favorite A Muse obsessed tediously groveling blogger (me! Tell 'em Sarah Bertolino sent you!). THREE: I found another goodie for some imminent blog candy whilst I was out and about today and this one is conveniently topical ... an A Muse stamp. I have to share the love with my peeps so STAY TUNED!!!

Now, what did you come to my blog for? Oh yeah, to see something I stamped. Well, here you go.


Cruiseabella is by Stamping Bella, the sentiment by InkyAntics, and the Polka Dots & Petals and Doodle This are by SU! So is the black brad and all the CS (whisper white, real red, cool caribbean). The ribbon is May arts. I used a silver sparkly sakura gel pen for all the chrome on her car and my stardust sakura pen to highlight other areas. I used big Crystal Stickers for the headlights and small ones on her "rims" (ha ha!). I used Palette Noir ink. This was a really fun fun fun card (once the layout came together).

Well, my bellas have just been loitering around my desk in a zippy - which was getting annoying and they frankly deserve better. So today they got an upgrade in digs ... Check out the little "house" I made/altered for them. So cute!
It's one of those Provo Craft tins (approx. 5 1/2" x 4 1/8" x 2 3/4"). I covered it using Basic Grey's Urban Couture paper and ribbon. The paper is glued down using Mod Podge. I used this WackyTack stuff by K and Company for the ribbon bands around the middle and around the rim of the lid (it's designed to be used with ribbon) and it worked really well. Apologies for the quality of the photos (and the weird watermark in one???) ... I did not inherit my father's photography genius gene, that went to "Auntie G". Altering this tin went surprisingly fast and I am really happy to have a posh pad for the "lay-deez".
(Wow. Am I a total weird-o about my stamps or what?! Oooh. Do not answer that.)

1 comment:

Liz said...

How are the Bellas liking their new digs?