Friday, March 30, 2007

"Thanks ...

for making me smile!" is right (see card below). Thanks to everyone who's left a comment. They've all been so lovely. I'm truly flattered. I can't wait to pick a name/number Sunday night!!! Here's the Blog Candy (aka LOVE ME) link! Don't forget to enter if you haven't already!!

We'll I haven't been sittin' on my duff simply basking in the glow of all your fine and dandy comments (only a little of that). I did a card I'm particularly proud of last night. And before you ask, I haven't yet caved and bought a bunch more bellas (though the remaining shred of my self control is being exhausted by my "positive life change", ie diet so who knows how long I'll be able to hold out on another purchase). A friend and I swapped a bunch of Bella images and I'm in love with this little Elizabella-lass.


I am super uber dooper pleased with this card. This card base is a regular (A2 -- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded) size, with the spine at the top. I cut the patterned paper (luscious basic grey how do I love thee?) at 8 1/4" x 4" and then folded it in half and adhered it to the base. This way the back of the card is patterned too! How clever am I? Well, not to say this has NEVER been done before by anyone else but I love it when I have a semi original idea (to me anyway). Also, this BG paper is so delish I couldn't stand that most of it would be covered up with the "bizness" on the front of the card. OK, I put stickles on the ruffles of her dress, sash, purse, shopping bag, and around the edge of the oval (which I had previously sponged with celery). The white/lilac layer, the bashful layer and the oval are all up on dimensionals. ENJOY!!!
Deets: Stamps: Elizabella from StampingBella.com, small oval from Amuse, "thanks" sentiment from Small Sayings by Stampin Up! (everything is by SU! unless otherwise noted); Paper: lovely lilac, bashful blue, whisper white, patterned paper is by Basic Grey (smooches) it's Mia from the LilyKate collection; Ink: jetblack stazon, lovely lilac, sahara sand, certainly celery, bashful blue, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, and blush blossom; ETC: stardust stickles, silver cord, celery brads, ticket corner punch, the flower and button are both from Doodlebug Designs.

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

This is great...love the hues here!