Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Finally some stamping posted!!!

Whoooo. Thanks for hanging in there with me folks. Here's a card I finished tonight. A dual purpose card: 1. an unconventional happy anniversary card for my man (who does totally rock even though he never reads my blog -- though tonight that's a good thing -- the surprise would be ruined) AND 2. G.L.I.T.T.E.R. challenge entry numero uno!

All images by A Muse. I hope this card looks as cool in cyberland as it does in real life. I used the Quickie Glue Pen (sakura) on the guitar and the glue pad for the sentiment. I doused both liberally with ultrafine silver glitter. I'm just going to say this ... I have no fear of being covered in glitter. It doesn't bother me one bit. (Maybe it has something to do with being raised in the 80's. Sparkly eyeshadow, etc ... I really don't know.) Anyway, the patterned paper is from American Crafts (I LOVE THIS STUFF! Every line is sweet!). The edges of everything are distressed. The circle punches are by marvy and the kraft and whisper white paper is by SU!And that's about it. I was nervous about this card to start out but I am really happy with the result and I think the old man will love it. Especially, when he opens it up and finds TWO Crowded House tickets inside!!! (Eeee! Smooches Neil Finn! I can't wait!)

3 comments:

Liz said...

One rockin' card! This is the exact image/sentiment I was going to use for my hubby on Father's Day (also in honor of our love for Guitar Hero!).

Anonymous said...

Now that is a whole lot of sparkly fun!

Anonymous said...

I love that guitar!! So cute!