Saturday, May 26, 2007

Challenge Four: Tenth Card

This is my favorite card from today. And though it may sound totally weird-o! I sort of came up with this card while falling asleep last night ... I got up and made this first thing and it came out exactly as I planned. Jinkies! I love it when that happens. (Side note...is it sad that I fall asleep thinking about stamps and color combos?)

All images by A Muse.
I have been anxious to use this owl but I had no idea how or where, till last night. This patterned paper is from Basic Grey (Scarlett's Letter 12x12, Fare Thee Well). I stamped the little owl on going gray SU CS and then colored him in with a 30% gray prisma marker, his feet/beak are colored with an orange prisma marker, and his eyes are done with my white gel pen. Then I cut him out, cut the black swirly strip with my exacto knife and placed him carefully behind it ... so it would look like he's sitting on the swirl. Delight!!! I glued him with Mono Multi liquid glue. I used that glue a lot today and give it a big thumbs up. The punch is the big SU oval. The 3/16th" eyelet is by Amer. Crafts. The black sheer ribbon is by May Arts and the silver cord is SU! The sentiment is stamped with white SU craft ink and embossed with white detail EP (non SU). The white and black CS are both SU! I hope the pic does this card justice. It's outside my comfort zone a bit but I really just love how it turned out. Hope y'all do too!

1 comment:

scoopy (Emily) said...

WOW!!!! This is awesome! Great job!