Saturday, May 19, 2007

Guess what came in the mail?

Yippee! My mother's day A Muse order!! Wheee! I didn't get too much of it inked up today because I was determined to do this graduation card for Marc's niece -- her school colors are orange and black. Ummmm ... can you think of any more difficult colors to design a card around? But I persevered and it turned out alright. Here it is:

Shock!! Horror!! (Is anyone else hearing Gareth Keenen??) There is not a single A Muse stamp anywhere on this card! The sentiment is $1 Mikes (kollette hall), the Diplomabella is Stamping Bella (stamped courtesy of the lovely Tisha, Friday's Blog Post Goddess!) and the Dotted and Linen background stamps are by SU! As is all the paper (whisper white, pumpkin pie, and basic black). The sentiment is done in versamark and black EP. Her black boots, the "v" around her neck and the tassel band have black stickles on them. The diploma has crystal stickles and the flowers have stardust. The ribbon is black velvet May Arts and particularly difficult to work with. I struggled with proportion on this one ... ultimately it works I think. There's a cute orange hydrangea prima duo that wanted to find a home on this card but couldn't. So sad.
All images by A Muse. (There now, don't we all feel much better?)
The patterned paper is the A Muse summer collection harlequin Pretty Little Papers (value priced 2x4 cuteness! Get over that, if you can!!). The stamps are a clever idea by me but not very well executed. I was inspired by the Green Thumb Papertrey set. That set has a dandylion in it and when I looked at the A Muse Sparkler ... well, *DING!!* A little fancy marker/ink bizness, some stardust stickles, the A Muse grass stamp and POOF! A mini-illustration of our lawn, mid July! The ribbon (sweet shop), brads and paper are all by SU! (CS is apricot appeal, celery, barely banana and whisper white).
Enough for tonight, don't you think?

1 comment:

Liz said...

Love both cards! I love how you used the "sparkler" stamp from A Muse. Too, too cute!

I just placed my order with A Muse (bought some stamps and a few punches) and I CANNOT WAIT to start playing with them!