Monday, March 26, 2007

Basic Grey

rocks. Someone is trying to get me to spend ALL our money on this paper. It doesn't help when Hobby Lobby puts all their scrap booking paper packs on sale 50% off -- duh! What would YOU do?

Here's a little ditty I put together tonight.


Let's see ... I distressed the chocolate and basic grey layers. I sponged everything with close to cocoa ink. I spritzed the cool Carib layer with cocoa ink. I was going to exercise patience and cover her shopping bag (etc) with stickles but when I finished I thought some more "subtle" (huh?) bling might be in order so I colored over her shirt, bags and shoes with SSGP. It is exactly what I wanted. (It's rare but I love it when that happens.) She has a little amuse bling candy in her hair. I used the c-bug for the die cut ribbon slider (and embossed layer, obviously). The ribbon is from the LSS I visited when I was out of town last week ... I am not sure what kind it is ... American Craft or May arts or something else entirely?? The Basic Grey paper is from the Drool collection, I mean, Blush -- this pattern is called Tease.
Deets ... Stamps: Emmybella from Stamping Bella, small oval from Amuse Art Stamps, Riveting stamp set by Stampin' Up!; Paper: Pretty In Pink, see above for patterned paper info, cool Caribbean, chocolate chip, whisper white; Ink: timber brown stazon, pretty in pink, close to cocoa, SU! Markers / re-inkers: cool Caribbean, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, creamy caramel, rose red

Hope you enjoyed that card! I'm really pleased. I want to finish up Jen Del Muro's challenge this week. I should have plenty o' time for stamping this week except tomorrow night. I must spend some QT with the Old Man plus I have to get our Trolley Run page up and going ... the clock's tickin'!!!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is awesome...I am totally going to CASE this (since I have the same DP!)...

Unknown said...

Great card!! Bellas are so beautiful with Basic grey! :)